Buying a double jogging stroller for the first time can be quite confusing especially that there are so many options around. With the prices that these jogging strollers come in, and more importantly the fact that your kids’ safety hang in the line, making the right choice is essential.
Unlike buying regular strollers – where your foremost concerns are mostly child safety and comfort, storage, and maneuvering – buying a jogging stroller takes into account how efficiently, safely, and conveniently it works for you for when you are jogging. How well does it balance? How much weight can it take per seating? What kind of terrain can it run on? How good are its brakes? The questions are endless.
My Top 5 Picks of Best Double Jogging Stroller (Last Updated on: October 2015)
In my own research, I have found that a good double jogging stroller is a perfect balance of multi-functionality, convenience in usage AND storage (since they can get rather bulky), weight capacity to help you determine how long they will remain functional for your kids, and price.
So far, these 5 ones have raked in all the points and are the best double jogging strollers that offer value for money:
Editor Rating: 9.8/10
BOB is one of the most popular brand in stroller industry and BOB Revolution SE Duallie Stroller is the most purchased stroller from this brand with lots of positive reviews. This stroller is welly design for two children. This lightweight an forward facing stroller (34 pounds) can hold up to 100 pounds and is made in china. This stroller is perfect for any sport experience and can run smooth on any surfaces from the zoo to the beach, from city road to any tight corners. Read Full Review…
Editor Rating: 9/10
Baby Jogger City Mini Double Stroller looks very fine for its silver metallic frame structure. It can hold up to 50 pounds each. It has 1 inch deeper seat and ½ inch deeper footrest. It also has firm seat base as well as backrest. It has a large storage basket but the access is not good. The middle support in the back pretty much closes of access to the basket below. At the result it is very hard to place bag their. Read full review…
Editor Rating: 9.5/10
Schwinn Turismo Swivel Double Jogger can be your best choice because of its affordable price. It is comparatively low priced product with lots of functions and facilities. The first advantage is its aluminum frame. For the aluminum frame it is very light and easy to handle. Its wheel size is big enough (front wheel 12 inch and back wheels are 16 inch), that means it will be cushier even in rough surface. Manual lock of front swivel can ensure better straight line control. Read Full Review…
Editor Rating: 10/10
Graco Duoclider from Classic Connect can be the best choice if you are searching the best double stroller within a small budget. It has almost everything you will search in your baby stroller. Both of the seats are very much comfortable and can holds up to 40 pounds each (Even suitable for children up to 50 pounds) . The back seat is slightly up so both can look ahead and feel comfortable. Read full review…
Editor Rating: 9.8/10
The front and rear wheels worked together to provide easy swivel, and the cup holders on the child’s tray provided an ideal shade. And if we didn’t want it rushing through the mall when shopping, simple, the manual locking front wheel did the trick by providing it with a fixed setting. Read full review…
What to Look For in a Double Jogging Stroller
When buying double jogging strollers, obviously, price would be a major factor. But as with anything that involves use by your young children, there are far bigger concerns to address than the price tag:
- Safety Certification: The first thing you should focus on is the safely certification. JPMA (Juvenile Products Manufacturers Association) according to the American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM) provide this certificate if the stroller can fulfill their standards. Strollers with an adjustable handle that allow you to set the handle in different heights, the slip resistant rubberized handle are few of safety concerns.
- Size: This is important in that you have to make sure that your stroller does not take way too much space on the sidewalk as to not inconvenience your fellow pedestrians and does not take even more space in your house.
- Parking Brake: Parking Brake is one of the key functions you need to check before you buy a stroller. So before buying a jogging stroller double check that the brake system is quite functional. It is usually set above the stroller handle.
- Canopy: In simple, you should consider stroller with larger canopy. Larger canopy will ensure your baby’s comfort and will protect your child if you jog on the early morning or at the evening. In both cases the sun stays low on the horizon. All good strollers has multi-foldable canopy. So having a multi-foldable canopy you can change its size with the demand.
- Front wheel function: In general, you have the swiveling and the non-swiveling types of jogging stroller front wheels. Non-swiveling types are harder to maneuver and turn. The swiveling kind can have issues on stability when running but is perfectly convenient to function as a regular stroller that you can take anywhere and not just for jogging. You have to choose between saving space and getting a dual-purpose double jogging stroller, spending for separate strollers – one for walking and one for jogging, or spending a few hundred dollars more for a swiveling front wheel with lock.
- Folding Mechanism: A great stroller should be easy to fold up, carry along a trip, or drag in your car’s trunk. It should be easy to unfold and assemble too. It will make your work easy, less bulky, and very efficient even when travelling. However, remember that jogging strollers will not fold into a very small space.
- Stability: This becomes a bigger issue when you put more kids in the picture. Find the balance between a stable stroller and one that you can comfortably run with – jogging strollers are generally less stable than regular strollers for easy maneuvering while running.
- Storage: Good strollers usually come with storage space. Such a stroller should be less bulky when folded, simple to set in your baby’s nursery, and above all should never expose any hazards.
- A Liquid Holster or Cup Holder: The cup holder is usually found on the child’s tray to keep water bottles, juice, or cups. Check if the cup holder is flexible, well designed to sway with the stroller’s motion to prevent any forms of spillage.
- General child comfort and safety: Look for tight hand brakes, wide canopies, comfortable seating, comfortable and cushioned seat belts, adjustable handle bars, and weight capacity that best suits your children’s needs for a longer time.